Kas pathar 2016 flowers season updates [20 Sept 2016 – Kaas Pathar online booking now available]
Kaas Pathar Entry charges (Weekends)
- 100 Rs per Person above 12 years for Three hours (Senior citizens exempted)
- 50 Rs on Weekdays
Parking Charges (for Four hours)
- 10 Rs for Two Wheelers
- 50 Rs for Four Wheelers
- 100 Rs for Mini-Bus
Camera Charges (for Three hours) – 100 Rs
Kas Plateau Guide Charges – 100 Rs for 10 persons group
Kaas Plateau Online booking is Available Now … Click here to book
- Since Only 3000 visitors per day are allowed to visit Kaas Plateau, make sure you book well in advance
- Get to the Kaas Pather as early morning as possible to avoid rush
- There is no cancellation facility available. So Please be sure before booking.
- Please check your spam folder for online payment receipt after payment completion if you do not get mail in your mail inbox.
- “Kas a plateau of flowers is a divine gift. Please observe carefully, enjoy the beauty of these tiny tots and convey others also but not to hurt.”
Located in the Western Ghats the Kaas Plateau (Kas che Pathar) is famously called as Valley of Flowers of Maharashtra.
The name Kaas is derived from the Kaasa tree, Elaeocarpus glandulous, the leaves of which turn from green to red as they mature. In the month of March, the tree blooms for just 15 days with beautiful white flower.
Situated amidst picturesque grasslands and high hill plateaus, Plateau turns into ‘valley of flowers’ just after the monsoon season. The plateau comes to life, with beautiful wild flowers carpets in brilliant colours.
The place has been rescently declared as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site by UNESCO (The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization)
The plateau has more than 150 species of wild flowers, shrubs and grasses. Some rare species of plants and flowers including Karvy, Smithia, Sonki, Balsam, Orchids and carnivorous (insect eating) plants like Drosera Indica can be found at this place.
Kas plateau surrounds a wonderful Kaas Lake which resembles a bowl carved shape. The Kaas lake is surrounded by deep forests. You will find a calm and serene atmosphere relaxing you from daily tensions.
What is best best time to visit :
Towards the end of the monsoon, around August and September.
Although it was raining & heavy mist there (and mind well when we were at Satara it was clear .. no rains & sun light too !) .. however I was pretty happy to see lot of flowers … and looking at it it seems that next 15 days it will be colour change to blue-white .. since the blue white ball flowers are just started …
TrekBook Secret Tips for you :
- Do Carry a magnifying glass with you so that you can enjoy the beauty of micro flowers (remember these are wild flowers, small in size, some are too small to see the details by naked eyes)
- Do not pluck the flowers, or even touch it, looking at number of persons visiting, even one person is plucking one flower !!! then !!! ….
- Reach there early morning … So that you can spend sufficient time to go to the details, and not just having glimpse and come back. The more you see, the more you will understand and enjoy.
Where do I park my car ?
you can park your car ~1 kilometer away from the plateau & then a ST bus starts from there (only 5 rupee per person) and the frequency is pretty good .. so part your car ( I saw many people fighting with forest people to get there vehicle to the plateau ! but it is not required at all .. be cool park your car, i am sure you will realize that it is the best way for you to enjoy the flowers) … ST bus will drop you the exact point and there you can spend time to look into the best of nature .. the valley of flowers of Maharashtra … the Kaas plateau …
take care not to drop in plastic there .. no damage to the flowers .. do not touch them at all … you know this will ensure that thousands of other nature lovers can enjoy flowers if you keep them intact … and this year really i could see that due to lot of efforts put in by government and a social nature lover organization “Ranwata” .. the area is pretty clean 🙂 thanks
Good Read :
Recommended book “Kaas Plateau of Flowers” by “Sandip Shrotri”
and if you have time .. get on to my old blog post on Kaas