|Goto Website||Goto Govenment Passport Seva Website|
|Registration||If you not registered user on Indian Passport Seva website then you need to first register yourself.|
(Click here to “Register for India Passport Seva Services” ).
|Login||Now using registered details please Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal|
|Online Apply for Passport||Click “Apply for Fresh Passport / Re issue of Passport” link.|
|Fill the form||Fill in all required details in the form and submit.|
|Get an appointment of Passport Office for document submission|
|Print Passport Application Receipt|
Note: As per India Government official website declaration, you need not carry hard copy, but at least you need to show an SMS on registered mobile number as a proof of appointment at entry point of Passport Office.
|Visit Passport office and submit documents||Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) / Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.|
- Visiting Passport office without an appointment :
Only emergency/medical cases and pre-approved categories may visit Passport Seva Kendra without appointment. Service will be provided at the discretion of Passport Seva Kendra in-charge/Passport Officer.
- Minor Applicant:
In case of minor applicants (below 4 years of age), carry the recent passport size photograph (4.5 X 3.5 cm) with white background.
- Maximum period to visit Passport office after Online Passport Form Submission:
Re submission of application form is required, in case the applicant does not visit the Passport Seva Kendra within 90 days from the online form submission.
- Carry your documents to the PSK i.e. one set of originals and one set of self-attested photocopies (parents can attest their minor’s copies). You need not carry any photographs as your photograph will be taken at the PSK. Only applicants who are minors below 4 years of age will have to carry a recent photograph – color with white background, 4.5 X 3.5 cms in size.
List of documents required for an Indian passport
- You must carry set of original documents
- Carry one set of self-attested photocopies / xerox (parents can attest their minor’s copies).
- No photograph required (your photograph will be taken at the PSK), however for minors below 4 years of age will have to carry a recent photograph – color with white background, 4.5 X 3.5 cms in size.
- Goto Passport Seva website to get list of documents for your particular case, you will get if after filling details on website, click here to goto India Passport document list page
- Mainly the required documents are
- Address Proof
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant’s name as spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport)
- Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
- Aadhaar Card
- Rent Agreement
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)
- Date of Birth DOB proof
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority,whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India
- Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognised educational board
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
- Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant
- Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
- Driving License issued by the Transport department of concerned state Government
- A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant
- Address Proof
How to Apply Passport Online in India
|Fee is non-refundable.* Also applicable for minors between 15 to 18 years of age, who wish to get a 10-year full validity passport.|
** If the application for a new passport is made under Tatkaal scheme, tatkaal fee is to be paid in addition to the application fee mentioned above.
Fee schedule would be restructured after the nationwide rollout of the Passport Seva Project.