Mr NAIK 9225566024
Mr. Temkar is in the position of Forest Guard now and you may contact him at 08983098110 and 0927370957 phone no. update as on 14/04/2014 +91 9225 566 024 Mr.Temkar’s no is changed to 9273709574 (14/11/2014) – Thanks to Anish for update
its located ~ 150 kms from Mumbai & 150 kms from Pune too :-)its on Murud – Roha road
What to see
Phansad wildlife sanctuary
Area – 52.73 sq.km.
Good time to visit
- November to March is the best time to visit the sanctuary when you can see the Migratory birds.
The best places for watching birds are Chikhal gaan, Phansad gaan and Savrat lake.
- Its all weather destination.
- Summers could get a little difficult because of the heat and humidity.
Stay / Accommodation
- Limited accommodation available in this wildlife sanctuary.
- Tents (Rent 500 Rs per night – can accommodate 4-5 people) – Fan, bed, bed sheets, toilets available
- AC tents (2 nos) 1600 Rs per day
- PWD rest houses
- Inspection huts
- You can also stay at Kashid (10 km) or Alibag or Revdanda
- Tent Bookings for the guest house contact :-
Deputy Conservator of Forests, (Wildlife),
Thane Wildlife Division, L.B.S.Marg, Naupada,
Thane (West), Maharashtra India 400 602.
91-22-25402522Bookings for the tent or the bamboo house :- phone numbers
Mr. Harishchandra Naik 9270892679 or 09270251369 (Forest Gaurd – Phansad)Enjoy Local Food :
There is a “Mahila Bachat Gat” named as “Gavdevi Mahila Bachat Gat” which can provide pure Gavran food to you during ur stay. Gavdevi Mahila Bachat Gat is headed by Savita Naik which consists of 12 team members. 9225566024, 9270739879, 9270892679
- Madhukar Naik, Bullock cart owner: 9273682692
- Kadam family at Revdanda for meal arrangement: 9209218382.
- Local village mahila bachat gat operates a cantee
- Homemade food, snacks and breakfast available
- Non-veg and non-veg food available
- You can taste local konkan cuisine
Can I take my car inside the Jungle ?
When I visited I took my car inside jungle, but now a days you can go by Bullock cart (500 Rs for 6 km and 300 Rs for 3 km) remember that the bullock cart ride will be quite bumpy, not recommended for old age senior citizens.
How to Reach फणसाड अभयारण्य
- By Rail
Nearest railway station is Roha at 30-km on the Konkan railway route.
From Roha, state transport buses are avalilable.
- By Air
Nearest Airport from the sanctuary is Mumbai.
- By Road
Nearest Bus Stand is Alibag at 50-km from the sanctuary. Roha Bus Stand is 1 hour drive from the sanctuary.
- Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary from Pune
- Route 1:
Pune mulshi road from Chandani Chowk – Tamhini ghat – Kolad (Do not take left turn of Nijampur MIDC area) – At kolad, join highway and take left for Roha – After Roha, drive till Talekhar village – At Talekhar village, look for signboard of Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary on your left.
- Route 2:
Pune Bangalore-Mumbai National highway – Drive towards Mumbai via expressway – Cross khandala – Take khopoli exit – Pen – Alibag (No need to enter in the city) – Take left turn for Naogaon/Revdanda – Cross bridge on creek after Revdanda – Take left after bridge- Drive for around 7-8 km and look for signboard of Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary on your right.
- Route 1:
View Larger Map
Entrance to the Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary
Map of Phansad forest displayed at the entrance
some more information can be found at :
They have launched official website for Phansad wildlife sanctuary – visit at
phansadsanctuary.com (However rescently this website is not working – as on Feb 2019)