This Sunday I visited the Prati Balaji Temple – Ketkawale, Pune. It is really beautiful temple surrounded by greenery especially during monsoon season and maintained very well. This clone or mini replica of the Tirupati Balaji Temple is just 40~45 kms away from Pune city.
I have not been to Tirupati before, but by visiting this replica temple & looking at the magnificent architecture and the spic and span premises I am now planning to visit the original temple too 🙂
This year I visited the main Tirupati temple and got a Glimpse of God !How to plan Tirupati Balaji Tour by Self Click To Tweet
The temple is made using stone & wood carvings, also there are small shrines of various other god and goddesses around main temple. Though the temple is not carved with rich gold, in all sense it is equivalent to the original shrine in Tirupati.
As I entered this holy place, I got struck by the positive energy, what a holy place 🙂 I must thank to Lord Venkateshwara Charitable and Religious Trust for this effort.
The temple also provides accommodation and kitchen facilities for visiting devotees.
[Prati means Replica]
Other temples like Prati Balaji Temple – Ketkawale, Pune which are Replica to the main temples are
Prati Balaji Temple – Ketkawale, Pune
- This temple is a replica of the original Tirupati Temple located in Tirumalai.
- Everything is perfect copy of the idol, Sanctorum, wood work, priests are abode of the Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala.
- The Venkateshwara charitable trust built the the temple from 1996 to 2003.
- Created by the V H Group spending 27 Crore Rs.
Information about temple :
- Huge parking space is available as soon as you enter the temple premises
- You have to go bare foot so better to keep your footwear in the car/vehicle
- You need to keep away your mobiles/cameras while entering into the temple
They have provided free facility to keep them safe, so no issues.
- Mundan facility is available in the temple at the entry only, you can directly go there and get in the queue for kids or yourself.
- Location map for Prati Balaji / Prati Tirupati temple is added at the end of this post
- How to reach temple by bus is also added at the end of this post
- Further information you can search on wiki
- You will get Prasad from the holy temple any time during the day.
- Also if you have time do plan to get afternoon prasadam, the Annachhatra facility remains open
from 12 noon upto 2 pm and
Evening 8 pm to 9 pm.
- A meal of pachadi/chutney, kesari, kalanda sandam (Mixed Rice) like puliyotharai/vaangi bath, rice and gravy is served
Prati Balaji Temple timings : 05.00 am to 8.00 pm
Daily Pooja schedule and timings from Monday to Sunday
|05.00 am to 05.30 am||Suprabhatam|
|06.30 am to 08.15 am||Morning Pooja|
|10.00 am to 11.15 am||Afternoon Pooja|
|06.00 pm to 07.15 pm||Evening pooja|
|08.00 pm Onwards||Shuddhi, Ekantseva|
Darshan close timings (approximate)
|07.30 am to 08.15 am||Daily Naivedyam|
|10.30 am to 11.15 am||Daily Naivedyam|
|09.00 am to 09.30 am||Saliampu – Netradarshan|
|05.00 pm to 05.30 pm||Poolangi Seva|
|08.15 am to 10.15 am||After Abhishekam|
Friday special programe
|07.30 am to 08.00 am||Abhishekam|
|05.00 pm to 05.45 pm||Unjalseva|
On days of Special functions Pooja timings may alter
How to reach Prati Balaji from Pune by bus
Option 1 Start from Katraj (Good for Hinjewadi people)
|Begin from||Katraj Bus Depot|
|Katraj Bus Depot to Morebaug Bus Stop||distance 230 meters, 5 minutes walk|
|PMPML Morebaug Bus Stop||1) Catch bus number 16 to Nasarapur ST Stand|
(Time 1.5 hours with 34 stops in between)
2) Katraj Bus Stand to Bhairoba Mandir Nasarapur (PMPML Bus number 61)
|Morebaug to Dalvi Vasti||Get down at Nasrapur Phata on highway – Bus stop name is Dalvi Vasti (tell the conductor so that he will inform you)|
(Call PMPML helpline on 020 2450 3355 for details)
|Dalvi Vasti to Kapurhol phata||Dalvi Vasti to Kapurhol phata distance is 4.3 kms|
|Dalvi Vasti to Prati Balaji temple||Dalvi vasti to Prati Balaji temple is 10 kms|
you can catch rickshaw from Dalvi vasti to Balaji temple since the bus service beyond Dalvi vasti is not available
Option 2 Start from Swargate ST stand to Prati Balaji Narayanpur Temple
Swargate Depot Contact no. > Pune – Swargate 020 24449980, 24441591, 24442860
|Swargate to Narayanpur ST bus|
|Local transport till Prati Balaji temple||Auto Rickshaw available at Narayanpur and at charge of 15 to 20 Rupees they will drop you till the temple|
|Way back till Bangalore Highway||Catch Auto Rickshaw till Bangalore highway|
|Narayanpur to Swargate or Wakad||Catch any ST bus going to Swarage or Most of the Mumbai ST buses will get you till Swargate or directly Wakad.|
Alternatively you can take a cab from Pune to Balaji temple
How to reach Prati Balaji from Mumbai : Distance 140 kms
By Car :
- Mumbai to Pune Express highway
- Continue Pune-Satara highway
- Cross the Katraj tunnel
- Shindewadi – Khed shivapur – Nasarapur phata – Kapurhole village
- Take left turn at Kapurhol Phata and go ~2.5 kms for Ketkawale, Prati Balaji or Prati Tirupati temple.
Prati Balaji Temple – Ketkawale, Pune video
Places to visit near Prati Balaji Temple – Ketkawale, Pune
I would recommended yo to spare full day and enjoy nearby famous places like Baneshwar, Fort Purandar, Narayanpur temple And Bhatgar dam. If you plan nicely you should be able to have nice one day picnic alongwith blessings from Lord Tirupati Balaji 🙂
Prati balaji to Mahabaleshwar
distance is around 130 kms via NH48, you can plan to visit this mandir on the way to Mahabaleshwar.
- A thirteenth-century temple of Lord Shiva on hill-top
- Outside of this temple appears to more as a mosque than a sanctuary. Legend says that it was done like this so sanctuary is not destroyed by the invaders.
- You can see extraordinary carvings similar to those of Ajanta and Ellora.
- Portrayals of scenes from the Ramayana and the Mahabharata are depicted on either side of the sanctuary like “Sita-Haran”, “Bharat-Milap”
- Baneshwar temple is very quiet and peaceful place to visit.
- Temple complex has two tanks which have fish and turtles.
- The Shivling is plunged inside water, you can try throw coins inside water, if the coin lands on the top of the Shivling, then it is a good sign.
- There is a recreation center with nursery, sitouts to spend quality time with your family and friends.
- If you have time do not forget to visit a small bio diversity knowledge center
Ek Mukhi Datta Mandir
- One of the most famous temple around Pune
- An old tree of “Audumbar” is present which is worshiped by the devotees.
- There is also an old temple of Narayaneshwar with 3 sculptures believed to have belonged to the ‘Yadav’ era.
- Padukas are set in the sanctum by Lord Datta himself before he exited for Samadhi.
- Main dates to visit this temple are the eve of Guruvar and Pournima.
- Datta Jayanti is celebrated every year with great pomp by the devotees.
If you wish to get any information on this do let me know and I am there to help 🙂
Address & Map of Prati Balaji temple, Pune, Maharashtra
Photograph from the front of Prati Balaji temple
Prati Balaji (Prati Tirupati) temple map at Ketkawale
You can also locate Prati Balaji (Prati Tirupati) temple location at wikimapia just visit this link
or goto directly google maps by clicking map below
View Larger Map
- Narayanpur Ek Mukhi Datta mandir [एक मुखी दत्त मंदिर नारायणपूर] is about 10 kms from Mini Tirupati Balaji temple
- People keep searching for prati balaji temple narayanpur pune, however Prati Balaji is not located at Narayanpur please note.
- Also people search for prati balaji narayangaon ! however please note that it is not located at Narayangaon !! in face Narayangaon is far away and located on Nasik highway !
- bhakta niwas accommodation inquiry you shall call the office numbers given above in the post.