Friends Of Nature Association(F.O.N.A.)
Reg No. MH.4202000, Pune, B.T.A. No F-17507
Year Of Establishment : 1998
FONA is a non profit making N.G.O. run by totally dedicated team of Nature lovers
Our Aim : Conservation of Wild Life & Nature
* Education to People, Students, Tribal.
* Legal process used to prevent damage to nature & animals.
* Development of habitats for wild species & providing them physical protection.
* Printing & publishing information & releasing educational CD’s.
Our Activities :
* Planning of Short out door treks/camps on self contribution basis(1-2 days)
* Planning of Wild-Safari tours at various forests(7-10 days)
* Wild life library having books on Wild Life, Wild Life Acts, Laws etc
* Free lectures & work shops.
* Providing “Platform” for youngsters to perform on conservation related activities.
1. Saved @ 600~700 snakes every year & release them in to their natural habitat. Many Birds & Mammals are also rescued.
2. Conducted @ 50~100 free educational programs every year on various subjects like Birds, Snake, Mammals, Reptiles , Global worming, Rain water harvesting & Nature related subject etc. at School, Colleges, Tribal, Citizens.
3. Fought cases against illegal trades & practices eg Black buck poaching case-1999, Snake Skin scandal- 1999, Sloth Bear rescue-2000, Parakeet trading-2005
4. Built “Wild life library” (1600 Sq Ft constructed in 2007)
5. ‘Pakshi Vrundavan Prakalp’ is in progress.
6. All un-authorized Saw-mills of rural areas of Mawal, Chakan, Khed, Dehu Rd etc were spotted & MSEDCL was compelled to disconnect power supply to them & are now closed. Similar action is in progress for Pune city.
FONA Chinchwad Branch Established in April 2016
Membership is OPEN, you may please download, fill and submit to me / Manoj / Vinesh
Schedule of Camp/Projects/Meetings :
* Local Trek 6 & 2 Snake release camps in a year.
* Lectures for Nature awareness in Schools, Colleges-& other places
* Monthly meeting is every First Sunday of every month at FONA site. 5.30 pm
Following information in the form of CD or book also available :
CD’s : Snakes Of India – Rs.50, Water Birds around us – Rs. 50.
Hand Books : Snakes – Rs. 40, Birds around us – Rs. 40
Founder Members :
Mahesh Mahajan – 9822458440
Mrs. Meera Mahajan
Yearly Membership : The form will be issued after attending 3 monthly meetings. The membership fees are Rs 100/- per year.(Every FONA activity will Inform by-mail or SMS)
Life Membership :
The life membership fees are Rs15000/- & subject to condition of min 1 year active membership & subject to recommendations of three Founder/Life members & approval in BOD meeting, Gen body meeting.Life membership is discontinued by FONA