Plus valley is feast to your eyes with spectacular views of the canyons and waterfalls on the trail.
At the bottom you will see splendid pond, with magical crystal clear water … Just relax there … have a nice bath in the natural swimming pool … get fresh and relax.
Located in the midst of four towering hills in Tamhini ghat, the valley looks like a plus sign.
You will fall in love with the lush greenery with doted rocks, as a bonus you will get mystical waterfall amoung the base of canyon ! You can get there only with ropes.
It’s extrmly difficult to get down during monsoon, but you can enjoy numerous waterfalls.
I can recommnand this trek as ideal one day weekender for you.
Its a reverse trek, this trail starts with a steep descent to ~750 meters.
You will face rocky terrain with huge boulders naturally carved by flowing water, you will be guided by this way automatically !
Plus Valley Trek – Tamhini ghat
Difficulty level for + valley trek
What to see !
Place to stay/take food & water
Location (Tamhini ghat – Pune)
How to reach Plus Valley Tamhini Ghat?
2) ST bust from Pune to Tamhini or Kolad (I have not checked with Swargate ST station for availability)
- Use proper trekking gears for this trek, how to select trekking shoes ?
[ Read my guide on Things to Carry for Trekking ]
- Carry water, I recommend at least 2.5 liter per person
- On the way there are honey comb homes made on side walls of rocks, please take care of honeybees ..do not disturb them .. use alternate path instead crossing them or if not possible make slow movements and no noise.
- Mosquitoes are also present in small quantity .. if u wish take mosquito repellent (may change from season to season)
- MEDICAL WASTE being thrown in the valley from the same point where you descent as well as beer bottles are also thrown !! in 100’s of numbers !!!! so you must take care not to touch / crawl, since medical waste syringe may impregnate creating problem (we are thinking of getting again to collect the waste)