Hello readers,I would like to introduce you to one of my best friend & colleague, Suhas Joshi, whom I have known for a very long time.
We share the same passion about Incredible India.
Suhas will definitely provide lots of amazing and insightful things about Heritage sites in India, Specially Temples.
I am excited that he will share his knowledge with all you wonderful people through TrekBook India Platform…
Halebidu – BELUR To Hoysalas dynasty temples To proposed world heritage sites … Read more …
Sheravan belogola To
Jain temples and Gometeshara statue…Read more …
Thanjavur To cholas dynasty temples To World heritage
Kumbhakonam, Darasuram,gangai konda To Cholas dynasty temples, World heritage site… Read more…
Mahabalipuram To Pallava dynasty temples To World heritage
site… Read more…
Kanchipuram To Pallava dynasty temples…Read more…
|6 Days Monument Visit Travel Plan – Karnataka and Tamilnadu|
to 25 March Early morning – Reaching
to 9:15 pm
Pune Bangalore evening flight
to 10:30 pm
Cached AC volve bus from airport to Majestic bus
Very good service, Rs. 220 per person
Regular buses are running even for
pm to 11:30 pm
Enquired and booked 11:30 bus to Belur
( Bangalore to Chickmangaloor)
Took dinner at nearby hotel ,
Rajhans bus (Semi-luxury) Rs. ~350
per person (Due to off season only 15 persons were travelling!)
Chickmangaluru buses from majestic terminal 2 are going to Belur
Lot of KSRTC buses available.
to 04:30 am
Reached Belur ( ~225 km from Bangalore),
Hotel Vishnu Regency – Walkable
distance from bus stand towards the temple
Hotel Vishnu Regency, Phone numbers (
08177) 223011, 223012, 9448655546
Non AC deluxe Rs. 700 , AC Deluxe Rs. 1200,
Clean bath-toilet – Okay for family accommodation
Very near to Chennakeshava temple .
KSTD hotel Maurya Velapuri is also
walkable distance from bus stand
Learning by Suhas from his 6 days visit :
- Covering of all three location can become hectic but possible. In 6 days of trip Three night journeys required to cover places.
- Add one more day in Tanjavor location for Thrichi visit. (We could not visit due to time constraints also was not planned this visit)
- Add two more day in Mahabalipuram for Chennai and Pondicherry
- Most of the temples in Tamilnadu are closed from 12 pm to 4 pm in afternoon. Planning to be done accordingly. Leave early and cover most of the places .(Lunch/shopping/rest/museum/art gallery can visit in afternoon 12 to 4 pm). Temple can be observed from outside in this time. preferred temples to be covered first.AIS protected monuments open from 6 am to 6 pm.
- Plan trip in from November to February to avoid March heat.
- Do collect Maps and information brochures from tourist places at every location.
- World heritage series books from AIS office/museum (cost Rs 70 to 90)
World Heritage sites in India from UNESCO site :
Further days detailed visit guide will follow in the posts one by one .. keep reading …