We have already talked about Gangapur& Akkalkoat, now we will talk about Tuljapur situated in the Vally of Balaghat hills.
Places to visit at Tuljapur
- Ghatshil (buliding with 8 corners)
- Dhakte Tuljapur (situated to theeast of main Tuljapur, there is Bhavani idol which is found to a muslim farmer while ploughing)
- Matangi mandir (temple) – there is Kund (a square well) which changes its water colour as per the season. it is said that a monstor Matangasur was killed by Mata Bhavani at this place.
- Kal-bhairav bhendoli
- Tol-bhairav mandir (temple)
- Mudgaleshwar (temple if Shiva)
- Nagzhar – Nagatirtha, to take holy bath
- Ramvardayini temple – Bhavani mata idol with 8 arms (astaBhuja)
- Indirayani temple – PapaNasha tirtha
Tulja Bhavani Mandir (Temple)
Main temple have four doors, out of which South door is made out of brass & the remaining three out of Silver. You have to climb up many steps to the main temple. Mata Tulja Bhavani was he family godess of Chatrapati-Shivaji Maharaj & it is said that Mata Bhavani gave the winning sward to Shivaji maharaj
Tulja Bhavani Mandir (Temple) timings
|6.00 am||Pratham Puja|
|9.00 am||Abhishek (panchamrut snan)|
|12.00 noon||Dhhop-Aarti & Maha-Naivedya|
|6.00 pm||Panchamrut Snan|
Tirtha (holy place)
- Gai-mukh tirtha(gai=cow,mukh=face) this is located near to the main temple
- Kallol tirtha – it is also called as VAristha tirtha, it is said that the holy water of this tirtha willl make you free from all the difficulties (sorrow & illness)
- Sudhakund tirtha a.k.a. Amrut Kund
- Vishnu tirtha a.k.a. Makavati vihir (Makavati well)
- Papnash tirtha
Main events (Yatra)
- Chaitra Pornima
- Vijayadashmi (9 days program during Dhashara festival)
- Ashwini Pornima (there is tradition of dancing sticks from ~500 years)
Important days for Mata TuljaBhavani are Tuesday, Friday & Pornima
Well And Tanks
There are seven main wells.
- well of Ahilyadevi
- well of Bhagavatee
- well of Lingappa Nai
- well of Mankavatee
- well of Mankavatee
- well of Samarga buva
- well of Kota
- Bidakar Tank. In this tank there is a well-builtwell.
- Kalabhairva tank
- Ramadra tank
- Maatganee Kunda
- Amruta Kunda
Accommodation / Bhakta Nivas – Pilgrims can stay free of cost.
Stay facility is provided by the temple trust in a new Dharamshala.
Abhishek Pooja for the idol
Abhishek Sahitya (required things)
- Curd , Milk , Ghee , Honey , Sugar , Bananas
- Oti Sahitya
- White Areka Nuts (Supari) , Dry dates (Kharik) Cashewnut (Kaju) , Pistashio (Pista) ,Almonds , Charoli , Raisin (Khismis), Walnut (Akrod) , Coconuts , Rice, Sugar (Khadisakhar) , Haldi (Turmeric), Kumkum , Kopra (Dry Coconuts)
- Vastra (Clothes)
- Nine yard saree – 1 , Khan (piece of cloth) with border, Color – Red, Yellow , Green
- Alankar (Ornaments)
- Gold Mani Mangalsutra – 1 gm
- Silver Virodha Jodvi – 10 gm
- Gold Karnafula – 0.5 gms
- Green Bangles, Kajal , Phani, Karanda, Scent bottle
- Fruits – five types as per availabilty
- Flowers – Big garland (Har), Gajara , Rose Bouque
- Arati Sahitya – Fulwatis in ghee, Camphor, Agarbattis, Ooda, Dhupa
- Naivaidya – Pooran Poli, Milk Rice, Curd Rice
- Bhojana and Dakshina for godess – Brahmin, Savvashna, Kumarika and Batoo – Meals for these persons.
This pooja or worship is performed during Nidra or sleep period of the godess.
The idol is offered scented oils and perfumes for bath during this pooja.
There are three types of Nidra of the godess.
- Ghor Nidra – Period Bhadrapada Krishna Ashtami to Amavasya.
- Moh Nidra – Period Ashwin Shuddha Dashami to Chaturdashi.
- Maya Nidra – Period Poush Shuddha Pratipada to Saptami.
Other Vidhis or worships
1. Haldi Kumkum Sada
Sprinkling of Haldi Kumkum mixed with water in the vicinity of Temple
Articles required – Haldi or Turmeric , Kumkum
White Areka Nuts (Supari) , Dry dates (Kharik) , Vida leafs , Dakshina
2. Limbu Nesne
Articles required – Lemons , Dakshina
White Areka Nuts (Supari) , Dry dates (Kharik)
3. Shri Durga Saptashati Patha or Recital
There are three types of Pathas or Recitals
Saral Patha – In this type all the rhymes or Mantras in Durga
Saptashati are enchanted or recited.
Pallava Patha – If there is some problem in fulfilling the desired thing of a person then this type is resorted to. In this Patha one particular Mantra or rhyme has to be enchanted before every Mantra of Durga Saptashatee. Full Saptashati contains 700 Mantras. In case of Pallava Patha the number of Mantras recited comes to 1400.
Samputa Patha – In this type Samputa Mantra is enchanted before and after each Mantra of Saptashati. Thus the total number of Mantras recited is 2100.
Types of Chandi Yadnya
|Nav Chandi||Durga Saptashati is recited 10 times. Performing of Dashansh Havan, Dashansh Tarpan, Dashansh Marjan, Dashansh Brahmin Bhojana|
|Shata Chandi||Durga Saptashati is recited 100 times. Performing of Dashansh Havan, Dashansh Tarpan, Dashansh Marjan, Dashansh Brahmin Bhojana|
|Sahastra Chandi||Durga Saptashati is recited 1000 times. Performing of Dashansh Havan, Dashansh Tarpan, Dashansh Marjan, Dashansh Brahmin Bhojana|
|Ayuta Chandi||Durga Saptashati is recited 10000 times. Performing of Dashansh Havan, Dashansh Tarpan, Dashansh Marjan, Dashansh Brahmin Bhojana|
|Laksha Chandi||Durga Saptashati is recited 100000 times. Performing of Dashansh Havan, Dashansh Tarpan, Dashansh Marjan, Dashansh Brahmin Bhojana|