One of my most favorite one day trip for all my guests is Pavana Dam near Pune, (just 70 Km away from Pune). This is nice round trip which makes me happy as a nature lover as well as to the guest since he is able to see a fort, nice temples, dam, water rides, fabulous nature all in one in one day ! & u need not travel for kilometers to experience this 🙂 too good na ?
The Pawana Dam Round Trip route is suggested as follows :
1) Pune to Prati-Shirdi (Shirgaon)
Travel on the old Mumbai Pune highway till Somatne Phata, from there it is ~2 kms, you can see board towards Prati-Shirdi after the toll naka.
Also at the toll naka itself u will be able to see Lord Ganesha copper coated Idol on the hill top, the idol is pretty tall (~54 feet). This is known as Birla Ganesh – Pune
1.1) Photostop: Begin from Chinchwad you have nice photo stop at Bhakti Shakti garden at Pradhikaran Nigdi.
1.2) you may also like to visit the beautiful Krisna temple in front of Bhakti-Shakti garden.
1.3) Except Sunday you can also visit to the Snake park – Akurdi, which is ~4 kilometers from the Khandoba-mal chawk, but snake part is closed on Sunday 🙁
2) Somatane Phata – Pavana nagar Phata ~ 16 kilometers, this is near to Kamshet
3) Pavananagar Phata – Pavana dam ~ 15 kilometers
4) Pavana Dam – Mantra mandir (Prati Pandharpur) ~ 7 kilometers
5) Prati Pandharpur – Lohagad fort ~3 kilometers, you will be able to drive to the bottom of this fort by car – read my blogpost “Chalo Lohagad”
6) Lohagad – Lonavala ~7 kilometers, at Lonavala u can enjoy many points like Tungarli lake, Bhushi dam, Lion’s point, Tiger’s Leap etc.
Read website hotels in lonavala for more points
7) Lonavala – Pune ~ 75 kilometers
(Pune approx dist is @65~70 Kms , way down from Pirnghut-Kalvan-Lonavala route)
** At Pawana dam you can enjoy boat riding at nominal rates.
1) 25 Rs per ride per person (minimum 8 persons) – Big motor boat
2) 50 Rs per ride per person – Single person small motor boat (high speed)
3) 70 Rs per rider per person – two persons at a time – high speed motor boat
*** LUNCH – There is hotel at boat club which provides good food.
Their is one more hotel at Pavana dam electricity generation station side (Dam water delivery side) name is HOTEL SHAKTI which provides testy food ((less spicy), with beer shop with it !
Alternatively you can take lunch at base village of Lohagad [New Update] – Road from old Mumbai Pune towards Bhaje caves goes further to foot village of fort Lohagad, so this is one more option for your trip
**** You will see Lohagad Fort, Tikona Fort, Tung Fort from this location, also you can get good food at base village of fort lohgad.