now I will be busy doing chores for my Vastushanti Puja ..
so may not be able to post much … for a week or so …
till then you may like to browse through my previous posts …
Ahh !! now I know you want to know more about this Vastushanti Puja … This puja is done after new construction of house or after major renovation work which has resulted into changes of main door direction or room layouts. It is beleived that there may be some vastu dosha (fault) and should be removed by doing this puja. Navagraha (nine planets) puja is done as well as Vastu Purush (the one who protects your home) of gold is buried into one corner of your vastu (home) and puja of that vastu purush to be done every day. It is believed that he will bless you what ever your wish is. Alongwith GOLD VASTU PURUSH PRATIMA we also need to keep panchratna (five gems) which are quite costly.
After the puja all relatives and friends are invited for lunch and dinner, which is kind of celebrations. Also most of the time relatives are given honour giving different kind of gifts like cloths or usable items.
Lot of efforts goes into having a successful program execution like for Vastushanti or a marriage,
So here it what I did for having it successful
1) All the invitations listed down, with phone numbers and address, this also helped me planning for the gifts and food/water arrangement for the program.
2) Well in advance all invitations sent to all relatives and friends, which will take care of railway or flight bookings or planning for meetings / office / business trips.
3) Booking of cooks done 2 months before the program
4) Final painting work and wood finishing work done just 15 days before the program so that house looks beautiful
5) Menu was thought of carefully, so that all should remember it, so in the morning session it was Karnataka special Huggi (sweet) and in the evening it was Alphanso mango (and the feedback was that this menu was the best and never experienced by any of my friends and relatives)
6) Gifts were bargained with shops and planned as per the expected visitors (relatives)
7) additional space for night time (sleeping and bath etc) for the relatives who will be there a day in advance was done with my neighbours and friends, also minor things such as tooth paste, shampoo, shaving cream sachets were arranged (such small things must be taken care of)
8) House address was informed correctly to all with map and nearest locations, as well as those locations shopkeepers were informed to redirect people as they arrive 🙂
9) Cooler was arranged to get all cool water with packed bottles, which costed me @ 50 Rs per 40 liter bottle and 300 Rs for the cooling machine, so in @ 600 Rs total I could give all the time chilled and clean water
may be all these tips will help you doing the same at your celebrations 🙂
and the most important which is Cost aspect:
1) Since I managed cooks on my own, inspite of having almost 350 visitors and costly menu (mangos), I could manage it in most cost effective way
2) important thing like clean and chilled water was arranged with good bargain as well as ensuring health issues for all
I have seen that in most of the functions I attend, lack of cleanliness is observed, hence I decided to pay special attention to this aspect. as example the water cooling machine, hand wash machine was carefully cleaned, or the table cloths re-washed etc. You can be sure that such micro factors makes hudge difference in the visitors experience 🙂
Do remember that all functional as well as other programs in India runs on IST (great Indian Standard Time), which means that function will never start in pre-decided time, it will be be default delayed.
Make sure that you do not adopt the IST, and start the function in time. This at least helps those who attend the function in time. Please value their time 🙂
chalo then .. have a nice planning to you all !!!
see you after Vastushanti !!