Bird Valley Udyan (Pimpri Chinchwad) is a Popular lakeside park spread over an area of 26 acres, offering boating, a jogging track & grassy lawns, plus a children’s play area. One of the main attraction here is a waterfall mini copy of Swarovski Kristallwelten (Crystal Worlds) in Austria.
I remember 10-15 years ago this was a quarry, later developed by PCMC into a beautiful recreational garden which was inaugurated in December 2008 . It is really well maintained garden. It has a 1.4 kms long jogging track, kids play area, skating rink, boating and ample area for senior citizens to walk and gossip. The garden has models of various birds, a model of a mammoth-sized eagle in the middle of the lake and large nozzle mist fountains.
Bird Valley Udyan Timings
12 pm – 7 pm [All days in Week]
10 Rs per person
5 Rs for parking 2 wheeler
10 Rs for parking 4 wheeler
- Walking on track
- Children play area available
- Motor boat – 100 INR per person, per round
- Paddle boat – 50 INR per person, for 15 mins
- Children above 5 years will have same ticket charges.
- Safety Tip : Wear Life jackets during boating.
Are there birds here? No
- Not really, the name indicates its a bird valley, however practically there are normal density of birds, nothing special to mention about
- The name is misleading, its a park developed near water storage that’s it.
Can I do pre Wedding shoot?
- I have seen people doing pre-wedding shoot there and asked about approval and charges, they said it is FREE and no charges needed
- Suggest to go on weekdays for pre wedding shoot to avoid rush hours during weekends.
- No hotel is there inside this park
- Some small Bhel stalls outside the park
- You can goto nearby hotels near HDFC
Bird Valley Udyan Address
MIDC, Chinchwad, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra 411019