Hatgadh fort is one of the famous location for those beginning trekking or going to have pleasure stay in the Club Mahindra resort near Saputara on Gujarat – Maharashtra border.
Hatgad fort stands overlooking Surgana taluka from where the eastern range of Sahyadris begins aka Saatmal range.
How to Reach Hatgad Fort
- From Nashik proceed on the Nashik-Saputara highway.
- Take diversion towards Borgaon after 74 kms from Nashik (here one route goes to Surgana and the other to Saputara)
- Take route to Saputara
- Hatgadwadi base village is 4 kms from Borgaon.
- Here take the tar road to Kalvan village. (Hatgadwadi village will remain on the left side)
- Drive till you see a dried up well on the left.
- A 5 mins walk from this well you can go to the off road path on the left taking you to the mountain ridge.
- Further 15 mins walk will take you to a Mango tree from where a diagonal path directs to the fort.
- It will take around an hour from the base to reach the fort top.
|Name||Fort Hatgad, Nasik (Near Saputara)
Hatgad is 6 kms away from Saputara
|Height||600 feet w.r.t. the base village
3600 m above sea level
|Places to visit on fort||Two water cisterns, Jamna and Ganga
Deep and well sized, full of water throughout the year.
|Google Co-ordinates of Hatgad fort||20.542653, 73.760646|
|Club Mahindra Resort||Read more on resort facilities & location etc|
Don’t forget to get fun ride of “Pushpak ropeway”
Also if you wish to read in-depth history of Hatgad Fort, do visit this link
Photo curtsy : My dear friend RaPa (Rajendra Patil)
Map location of Hatgad