Incredible India …. With more than 99 national parks, 40 tiger reserves and 450 wildlife sanctuaries, India has cosseted enthralling species of fauna and flora.And well India is well known for Tigers … The Jungle King …And if you are really exited to be amidst the wilderness of the Jungle …….
Then be ready with Special Jungle Safari Tips From TrekBook India.
Study the particular location well in advance, each location in India has got its own specialty.
While participating in a jungle safari, follow these simple rules and enjoy your safari game drive …
Most of the Safaris in India are normally begins at dawn (6:00 AM to 9:00 AM) and late evenings (3:30 PM to 6:30 PM).
jungle safari what to wear : Blend with Surroundings …
- Wear natural colors – Greens, Browns, Olives and Khakis
- Cloth material – lightweight & breathable…. Simple cotton works best
- Cover your arms and legs (Protect from insects or wild animals) – No sleeveless / Capri.
- Wearing layers of clothing helps you to cope up with the temperature changes
- Mask your face to protect from dust
- Felt cap will protect you from heat
- Blend with nature – No loud colors, bold prints
- Sandles would be just fine in Summer season, but Shoes are must in Winter (Depends you are walking or having Jeep rides)
What to wear on Jungle Safari
Things to Carry for Jungle Safari in India :
- Carry Sunhats, Sunglasses and Sunscreen.
- Wear covered comfortable shoes along with socks. Wearing exposing footwear might be a bad idea.
- If allergic to dust or animal fur, carry your medication
- A good camera for the flora and fauna.
- Binoculars (8X40 or 10X50 magnifications are ideal)
- Raincoat, mosquito repellent, antiseptic creams, water bottle, band-aids, a small torch, first-aid kit.
- Do carry a trash dispense bag
- Do carry water and some quick snacks … especially if there are youngsters around.
- No Animal Feeding
- No Deodorants and Perfumes
- No Littering
- Closeness could be Harmful
- Do not get down from Jeep
- No Loud Talks
- No Place for Souvenirs, do not take anything back except memories
- Do not bring Children
- Keep the camera flash off
- Keep away from your Cellphones (The Sanctuaries in India mobiles are banned)
A Safari normally lasts between 2.5~3.00 hours, and you are now allowed to get down from the Jeep (or boat !) for any reason. So, it is important to plan your bowel habits in advance. Do empty your bowels and bladder just before you set off on a Safari.
Look at the attire and pose to hold camera in below photograph .. really a very stable post to capture good snap …
Booking the game drive is a must in India, you may use online facility. Since the drives per day are limited one has to ensure booking well in advance.
Make sure that you carry the same ID proof along with you during the jungle safari, most of the times it is checked at the entry gate.
Recommendations from TrekBook India for the best national parks
Cheers !! Have Fun !!!