After doing lot of research over internet … bought this Bajaj Majesty RH 9 room heater for my mother couple of months back … performance is good and able to heat up the room at outside temperature of about 9 degrees ….
There are two options available in 9 fin type, with fan and without fan, I have selected without fan model which works fine for me, my assessment is that in case u r staying in area where temperatures are too low nearing to 3~4 degrees you need to use fan type model for fast temperature building
Also major advantage is that you can keep room door and windows closed without have to worry about oxygen levels getting drastically down due to heater since there is no direct coil burning involved but heating happens indirectly using oil heating.
You get varieties in number of fins 9,11, 13 fins (with or wthout fan), depending upon room size you may like to go for higher number of fins, also if the temperatures are going too low in your area you may like to select one with Fan facility.
Unfortunately no one has written detailed review on his usage experience over oil fin heaters in India hence thought of jotting down my experience for use by other people …
– Able to heat up room in 10~15 minutes of time,
– gives comfortable feel maintaining room at normal temperature,
– room size for which I have tested this heater is about 10 x 10 feet (about 100 square feet area)
– Thermostat takes care of on/off cycle (it has got adjustable temperature settings)
– you can use it on single coil or two coil mode
– Caster wheels are provided for easy movement, however I have locked them using wooden planks since it moves easily by small inputs
– for good results its better you keep it on at least an hour before u goto bed, this will make the room at constant comfortable temperature
– Cord provided alongwith heater is very small length, they could have extended it by at least a meter
– Front control panel design is fragile and gets damaged easily, it is merely fitted onto 4 screws on flimsy panel, it is MUST that Bajaj shall improve onto this design (if they manufacture and do not only import this goods)
– My heater front panel got damaged during transport, I sent it back to snapdeal and they send it back again in the same manner !! so got damaged again !!! since winter season was on I accepted it and got it repaired from local shop
– Since the heater fins get hot during operation, care to be taken not to touch the heater hence if you have children at home, you need to protect it (may be by building cage around it !)
I tried to post product feedback on BajajElectricals official website about improvement needed in mounting of control panel as well as increase of cord length, however their website has got some bug by which it keeps on prompting to log in again and again, I think this is the reason there is no review posted by anyone on their website !!!
Also product cost as indicated on BajajElectricals company website is much higher, the same product is available at much lower price (~3000 Rupee lower) on popular e commerce websites!!
Check Latest Price of
I am not endorsing BajajElectrical product, purpose of this review is to only make blog readers aware that oil fin heaters are useful for room heating effectively and safely (in my opinion)
Blog writer Mahesh did his Mechanical Engineering from COEP.
He has been working in Research and Development since last 25 years heading a new product development.
His travelogue is known for authentic reviews mainly for the places he travels, recently being encouraged by blog readers to start writing product reviews as well.