what do i say then ?
Overall it is nice experience to have this car …
what went right in this car ?
1) Space space & space … cabin space & boot space WOW
2) Soft suspension … works best on roads full of pot holes which are there almost all seasons of the year … so just forget about these pot holes & keep driving 🙂 a cozy drive indeed (however this creates role in Ghat sections, but it is acceptable)
3) Smooth engine … no complaints + can drive at higher gears at lower speeds, which helps in traffic situations (no frequent gear shifting required)
4) Good air conditioner (although it takes much time in summer to cool the car, it is acceptable)
5) mileage of ~13~14 kmpl (w/o & with A/C) which has gone upto 17 with A/C on my long highway tours.
What went wrong in this car ?
1) Wiper does not wipe top right corner on driver side, however it cleans up passenger side ? so this creates serious visibility issue in rainy season !! very BAD design intent to address LHD/RHD compatibility at the cost of customer safety.
2) Wiper noise … from day one this is unresolved issue ! its not wiper it is wind screen scrubber
3) Noise of A/C compressor, it is irritating humming sound which comes up each time u switch on the Air conditioner
4) Inner door handles getting loose (so u hv to tighten them up to avoid rattling noise) & the beauty is the countersunk screw heads are of special type, so u can not tighten it using noram screw driver !!!!
5) The fuel filling is on the RHS not so much trouble as such but then u need to be in the queue from the opposite side of the petrol pump … 🙁 always 🙁
In general people does not like the looks of this car, but my family has no issues in that also due to the comfort it provides …
One more area is the POOR service support … they have very poor service support … after repeated followup also u will not get expected service back up (this is not only my experience but also experience from other Logan owners too) … Since I shifted from Maruti Suzuki to this brand I could feel the gap which is beyond measure … there r no reminders for first / second / third service till date from them (however I still get calls from Maruti Suzuki service stations even after 12 years, which is too good) .. if at all u reach the service station u hv to make sure to spend hell lot of time to enroll the car for servicing !! it is assured by them that u waste an hour for that ? & for the delivery the same thing is repeated .. say delivery time is 5 pm & the since the car washing takes small time .. u can get the delivery by 6.30 pm … then u see that they hv forgotten to clean the car from inside ??? so by the time u loose ur patience .. better to do the same outside the service station … any way … this is the same old story i hv repeated through out the small write ups i hv done since beginning about my Logan experience series !! nothing new !!!
So for the service front I give them ZERO points.
my Previous posts for Logan 1.4 GLX