This Sunday I visited the Prati Balaji temple or Prati Tirupati temple at Ketkawale . It is really beautiful temple surrounded by greenery especially during monsoon season and maintained very well. This clone of the Tirupati Balaji Temple is just 40~45 kms away from Pune city.
I have not been to Tirupati before, but by visiting this replica temple & looking at the magnificent architecture and the spic and span premises I am now planning to visit the original temple too 🙂
The temple is made using stone & wood carvings, also there are small shrines of various other god and goddesses around main temple. Though the temple is not carved with rich gold, in all sense it is equivalent to the original shrine in Tirupati.
As I entered this holy place, I got struck by the positive energy, what a holy place 🙂 I must thank to Lord Venkateshwara Charitable and Religious Trust for this effort.
The temple also provides living rooms and kitchen facilities for visiting devotees.
Information about temple :
- Huge parking space is available as soon as you enter the temple premises
- You have to go bare foot so better to keep your footwear in the car/vehicle
- You need to keep away your mobiles/cameras while entering into the temple
They have provided free facility to keep them safe, so no issues.
- Mundan facility is available in the temple at the entry only, you can directly go there and get in the queue for kids or yourself.
- Location map for Prati-Balaji / Prati-Tirupati temple is added at the end of this post
- How to reach temple by ST bus is also added at the end of this post
Places to visit near Prati Balaji Temple
I would recommended yo to spare full day and enjoy nearby famous places like Baneshwar, Fort Purandar, Narayanpur temple And Bhatgar dam. If you plan nicely you should be able to have nice one day picnic alongwith blessings from Lord Tirupati Balaji 🙂 If you wish to get any information on this do let me know and I am there to help 🙂
- You will get Prasad from the holy temple any time during the day.
- Also if you have time do plan to get afternoon prasadam, the Annachhatra facility remains open
from 12 noon upto 2 pm and
Evening 8 pm to 9 pm.
Prati Balaji Temple timings : 05.00 am to 8.00 pm
Daily Pooja schedule and timings from Monday to Sunday
|05.00 am to 05.30 am||Suprabhatam|
|06.30 am to 08.15 am||Morning Pooja|
|10.00 am to 11.15 am||Afternoon Pooja|
|06.00 pm to 07.15 pm||Evening pooja|
|08.00 pm Onwards||Shuddhi, Ekantseva|
Darshan close timings (approximate)
|07.30 am to 08.15 am||Daily Naivedyam|
|10.30 am to 11.15 am||Daily Naivedyam|
|09.00 am to 09.30 am||Saliampu – Netradarshan (Thrusday only)|
|05.00 pm to 05.30 pm||Poolangi Seva (Thrusday only)|
|08.15 am to 10.15 am||After Abhishekam (Friday only)|
Friday special programe
|07.30 am to 08.00 am||Abhishekam|
|05.00 pm to 05.45 pm||Unjalseva|
On days of Special functions Pooja timings may alter
Photograph from the front of Prati Balaji temple
How to reach Prati Balaji from Pune by bus
Option 1 Start from Katraj (Good for Hinjewadi people)
|Begin from||Katraj Bus Depot|
|Katraj Bus Depot to Morebaug Bus Stop||distance 230 meters, 5 minutes walk|
|PMPML Morebaug Bus Stop||1) Catch bus number 16 to Nasarapur ST Stand
(Time 1.5 hours with 34 stops in between)
2) Katraj Bus Stand to Bhairoba Mandir Nasarapur (PMPML Bus number 61)
|Morebaug to Dalvi Vasti||Get down at Nasrapur Phata on highway – Bus stop name is Dalvi Vasti (tell the conductor so that he will inform you)
(Call PMPML helpline on 020 2450 3355 for details)
|Dalvi Vasti to Kapurhol phata||Dalvi Vasti to Kapurhol phata distance is 4.3 kms|
|Dalvi Vasti to Prati Balaji temple||Dalvi vasti to Prati Balaji temple is 10 kms
you can catch rickshaw from Dalvi vasti to Balaji temple since the bus service beyond Dalvi vasti is not available
Option 2 Start from Swargate ST stand to Prati Balaji temple
|Swargate to Narayanpur ST bus||
|Local transport till Prati Balaji temple||Auto Rickshaw available at Narayanpur and at charge of 15 to 20 Rupees they will drop you till the temple|
|Way back till Bangalore Highway||Catch Auto Rickshaw till Bangalore highway|
|Narayanpur to Swargate or Wakad||Catch any ST bus going to Swarage or Most of the Mumbai ST buses will get you till Swargate or directly Wakad.|
How to reach Prati Balaji from Chinchwad Pune :
Chinchwad –> Sinhgad Bridge (get on to new Pune-Satara bypass highway)
Sinhgad Bridge –> Tunnel (use new by-pass tunnel)
After crossing Tunnel – Khed Shivapur Toll Plaza
Khed Shivapur –> Phata – keep going towards Satara
Take left turn at Kapurhol Phata and go ~2.5 kms for Ketkawale, Prati Balaji or Prati Tirupati temple.
total journy took @ 1.5 hours from Chinchwad and ~70 kms distance.
Address & Map of Mini Tirupati Temple, Pune, Maharashtra
You can also locate Prati Balaji (Prati Tirupati) temple location at wikimapia just visit this link
or goto directly google maps by clicking map below
View Larger Map
- Narayanpur Datta mandir is about 10 kms from Mini Tirupati temple
- People keep searching for prati balaji temple narayanpur pune, however it is not located at Narayanpur please note.
- Also people search for prati balaji narayangaon ! however please note that it is not located at Narayangaon !! in face Narayangaon is far away and located on Nasik highway !